Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Saniflow macerator stinking out the house!!!

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:12:16 +0100 someone who may be simbac
wrote this:-

Does anyone know why a saniplus (saniflow) macerator would be stinking
out a bathroom?

There could be several reasons.

Is there a way to fix this or is it better to replace the unit? Does
anyone know if saniflo's engineers are honest??

I installed one for a toilet in a house largely occupied by persons
of the female persuasion about five years ago and it has worked fine
ever since. However, I only installed it because it was a lot easier
and cheaper then gravity drainage. They should only ever be used for
secondary toilets/bathrooms, for obvious reasons. If this is your
main bathroom then I would look at re-arranging the house layout.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh