Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Repairing.... curling tongs?!

"Lobster" wrote in message
Daughter says her curling tongs are knackered (for the incogniscenti,
this is an electrical appliance looking like a large pink soldering
iron, which apparently you wind your hair round for some reason).

Had a look at the fuse - OK - then dismantled it to look for obvious
problems: none that I could see. Measured the resistance across the L
and N pins of the plug - it was 2.5 kohms; ie there was continuity in
the heating element. That resistance corresponds to a power of 23W if I
remember my O-level physics correctly. There's no power rating on the
tongs themselves. AFAICS the things aren't heating up at all.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

Curling tongs don't make sense.

Mary