Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Totally off topic

Dave wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Dave" wrote..
My wife's cousin, who lived in the USA for many years has her G
children paying her a visit next week.
Can anyone recommend good places for them to visit and enjoy?
She is in Widnes in the North West of England.

There are lots of places in Liverpool and Merseyside generally.
Contact the Tourist Information Office, they know more than anyone else.

I don't know what's wrong with Chris, but his posts are
usually constructive. Perhaps I have upset him some time.

There's nothing wrong particularly, but why not address your enquiry
to uk.local.whatnot, uk.misc, uk.rec.camping,caravanning,cycling,
walking, or somewhere like that? You can use Google, or another search
engine. There's the tourist board, the National Trust, English Heritage,
the Good Garden Guide, and probably many other appropriate places. to
ask. The last poster for instance, that you thanked, told you basically
what I've recommended above. Ask in the right place!

It peeves me somewhat that people use uk.d-i-y as their "home group"
and post all sorts of stuff that isn't DIY - there are loads of other
groups which are just for wibble if that's what you want to do. Is it
a good thing for uk.d-i-y to become just another wibble group, albeit
with some residual DIY stuff in amongst the crap? Not IMO. One poster
almost *never* posts DIY stuff, and hardly anything worth reading at
all (not you - you do post DIY stuff, this rant isn't addressed at
you).