Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector

Default Noisy baby monitors

"Mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have any suggestions for making baby monitors less noisy? No,
turning them off is not a good suggestion ;- I am getting hissing and
interference from the Fisher-Price monitors we are using. It changes
sometimes depending on where I am sitting relative to the position of
the receiver. It's driving me batty!

Thanks for any input.....

Mike

One possible cheapie solution is to put a bit of clear tape over the
microphone. What you are probably hearing is the sound of ambient air
hitting the electret mic - they are typically amped way up there to make
them more sensitive. Tape over the hole deadens the effect of random air
gusts but lets the audible sounds through.