Posted to misc.consumers.house
D. Gerasimatos

Default refi ammo?

In article ,
Banty wrote:

I think it's dishonest in principle, but I doubt many realtors would mind.

In which case, you don't have to lie. I had an assessment recently, I did not
lie.

Fair enough. You can just say you're not interested in selling and can
probably still get realtors to come out.

Which are all the good reasons why realtors may in some cases happily assess a
house although there is no immediate prospect for sale. None of these, however,
are reasons to misrepresent oneself.

I didn't mean to condone the guy's behavior. I just didn't want anyone to
feel bad for the realtors, since it's possible they can get work even from
a guy who isn't intending to sell immediately.

Dimitri