Posted to misc.consumers.house
Banty

Default refi ammo?

In article , D. Gerasimatos says...

In article , v wrote:

....have a few area realtors
through your home and tell them you may be selling and would like an
assessment of what they think the home would sell for....

But that would be dishonest and a fraud. He is NOT selling. You
think this is OK just because they are realtors? (I.m NOT, BTW.)

I think it's dishonest in principle, but I doubt many realtors would mind.

In which case, you don't have to lie. I had an assessment recently, I did not
lie.

You are giving them a chance to make their pitch. Even if one is not
selling immediately, maybe one finds a realtor he likes that he uses when
he sells, that he recommends to friends, or uses to buy/sell a vacation
house, etc. I am not a realtor, but I know that if I was I wouldn't turn
down a chance to make a presentation. Only a small % of sales pitches are
successful, anyway.

Which are all the good reasons why realtors may in some cases happily assess a
house although there is no immediate prospect for sale. None of these, however,
are reasons to misrepresent oneself.

Remember whatcha momma taughtcha. Don't lie.

Banty