Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

Default Noisy baby monitors

We returned the Highly recommended Fisher Price 2.4GHz monitor as it Picked
up the WiFi Router in the house.

Not wanting to get rid of the WiFi and since they don't make a 5.8GHz baby
monitor it killed me to revert back to a 900MHz unit...

We picked up this unit:

I'd love to get another. One of the features it has is VOX, so you will only
hear your baby making noise, not all the lovely static and hiss that most
all the others do. It waits will the Mic pick up enough noise over the
normal background noise and then turns on the receiver.

We were just with a bunch of friends and one of them has a Monitor that we
had to put in the other room because it was so noisy...

Scott-

"Mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have any suggestions for making baby monitors less noisy? No,
turning them off is not a good suggestion ;- I am getting hissing and
interference from the Fisher-Price monitors we are using. It changes
sometimes depending on where I am sitting relative to the position of
the receiver. It's driving me batty!

Thanks for any input.....

Mike