Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson

Default Adding electric start to petrol lawn mower

wrote in message
oups.com...

my partner's mum is unable to start her Electorlux LC400 lawn mover and
i was wondering if something could be done to make it easier for her.
it's nearly new & starts perfectly for me but she doesn;t have the
strength

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

Gas-powered lawn mowers start when the flywheel
moves fast enough to generate a spark and thus ignite
the fuel-air mixture. I.e. in order to add an electric starter
you would need to adapt or replace the flywheel -- and
pull-start mowers are not engineered to permit this.

But if an elderly woman cannot start a nearly new mower,
it is wrongly adjusted -- and perhaps should be readjusted
free (under warranty.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs