Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default under cabinet lighting

wrote:
i'm installing an under the cabinet lighting kit of three lights which
is hard wired to outlet. what i want to know is this! the kit comes
with three lights and we have come to conclusion half way through
installation that we only need 2 light, there also is a lot of wire to
hide. can i cut the wire after the second light and tape the end! is
this acceptable

Without knowing a lot more about what you have, I could not guess, but I
suspect what you are thinking of doing is not a good idea. I might add that
someone mentioned that under cabinet lighting wired directly to an outlet is
a code violation.

Is it possible you are talking about low voltage halogen lights that
have a large plug (containing the transformer) and a thin wire to the lamps?
If so I suggest you really should contact the manufacture to determine if it
is safe to run only two lamps off the transformer. I would guess it would
be OK but check anyway.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit