Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default Frugal Dehumidification

Yes, if we lived in the deep south as we did 50 years ago, then Nicks
ideas would help a great deal

My parents did not have air conditioning in any of their houses in North
Carolina until the last 15 years of their life. The last house had a
whole house fan to draw cooler night air in, and that was a BIG
improvement over anything that we had lived in before. Yes, we shut the
house up TIGHT before 8:00am Summers were miserable with temps reaching
the upper 90s, we sweated in bed almost all night every night until we
moved into the house with the whole house attic fan. Even there, I
adopted the room in the basement as it was cooler than any other room
(one wall was earth, windwos HEAVILY shaded by trees)

But we don't live that way any more so application of Nick's ideas will
have to be confined to areas outside the Humid-SemiTropical zone.

Did he ever build and test the home brew waste water heat exchanger? He
talked like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it ignored
patents held by the GFX inventor, and the numerous very successful
installs of the GFX unit.

Frugality is great, but it can be carried to extremes!!!!