Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Totally off topic

"Dave" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

My wife's cousin, who lived in the USA for many years has her G children
paying her a visit next week.

Can anyone recommend good places for them to visit and enjoy?

She is in Widnes in the North West of England.

TIA

Dave

Many thanks to al who have replied. I am now going to cut and paste all
your thoughts to my wife's cousin.

Dave

ps, if there are any more places of interest now that I have posted their
ages, then please feel free to donate.

My g children are only 4 3/4 and 7 3/4, so I am out of touch with 11 and
14 years old :-(
It will come to me in time though.

Stockport has a couple of very interesting small museums, the Hat Museum
(sounds boring but isn't)

http://www.hatworks.org.uk/

and the one year old Staircase House which has been a great success.

http://www.staircasehouse.org.uk/st_whatson.asp

Mary