Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus

Default Exterior doors question

On 7 Jun 2006 22:01:35 -0700, wrote:

Snip

LOL. Poor guy doesn't have a garage full of tools. In my mind's eye,
I can see some guy working his ass off in front of his house under
lights cursing the day he read your post. And explaining the
significant other ," but the guys on the wreck said it wasn't THAT
hard...."

Now that is a funny image, in a very cruel sort of way... reminds me
of myself trying to change spark plugs. All joking aside, it never
seemed that hard to me, but I suppose it all depends on the person- I
have trouble with things that should be stupidly easy sometimes, like
pouring oil in the car, or sewing on a lost button. Give me a hunk of
wood, and I'll make any shape you can think of with a fairly high
degree of precision, but ask me pick out ripe fruit or fry some
chicken, and I turn into a retard. There have been more than a few
cases where I was that guy with the lights in front of the house,
fourteen hours after I optimistically started a project- cursing my
stupidity for buying the line that changing a CV joint is "pretty
easy".

Like I said, funny in a hindsight sort of way.