Posted to uk.d-i-y
DiddyS

Default Crooked Double Glazing

"DiddyS" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi,

I had new double glazed windows installed yesterday and I noticed that the
glass panel in two of them is crooked in the frame. On an opening window
it is lower on the hinged side. It is similiarling lop-sided in a
non-opening window.

The fitter tells me that this is necessary to allow for "settling" and is
called "heal and toeing", but if this is correct then surely the other
windows (which are level in their frames) must be wrong.

I think he is spinning me a yarn. What do you think?

TIA,
Derek.

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the info. I've got them to sort it out this morning.

Derek.