Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Default Tiling kitchen floor over Lino

docskeg wrote:
I am planning on tiling my kitchen floor half of which is floorboards
(which I am covering with 1/2" ply screwed every 6") the other half is
Lino laid on top of quarry tile (still sound) laid on top of concrete.

Can I fix ply (1/2" would give me a nice level floor) over the top of
the lino/tile/concrete mix (screwed into the concrete base layer)

Don't see why not if the lino part is flat. I think I'd spend time with
a straightedge making sure it is first. You could "screed" the lino
roughly with a pva/cement mix to fill any dips

of is
it hammer and chisel time?

Thanks for any advise