Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
SoCalMike

Default Frugal ways to kill ants?

Steve G. wrote:
I am house sitting this year and the house (and walls outside)
have been invaded by ants. They form lines and march all day
and night. I did buy some cans of Raid Roach & Ant Spray and
Ant Spray but after it dries, they return almost immediately!

Is there a frugal (home-maid) solution someone could suggest?
The Raid is expensive and does no good anyway. I was thinking
about ammonia but not sure if it is dangerous.

i bought a gallon of bayer bug and pest killer, and a pump sprayer- the
kind you fill, pump the handle to pressurize, then pull the trigger to
let it stream out.

every time i notice ants, i walk the perimeter and spray. so far its
been about a year, and no ants.