Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 2x Dell P1110 21" CRT monitors. #1 no picture, #2 very bright + retrace lines.

Hi all. First off, I have not posted in a newsgroup in almost 12 years!

I have two Dell P1110 21" CRT monitors with problems.

One of them was working fine then one day a mild "pop!" and the screen
faded to black. I can still hear the resolution (relay??) click when I
change the input selector with one of the inputs connected to a PC. Its
manufacture date is "December 2000". Is this a simple fix? I am
capable of replacing desecrate components.

The other monitor has been slowly getting brighter and now is very
bright and very visible retrace lines. I understand there is a resistor
I can change to correct this one?
Its manufacture date is "June 2000"

I am fine with making one good working monitor out of the two.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks-
Colin