Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumps

Default Crooked Double Glazing

DiddyS wrote:
Hi,

I had new double glazed windows installed yesterday and I noticed
that the glass panel in two of them is crooked in the frame. On an
opening window it is lower on the hinged side. It is similiarling
lop-sided in a non-opening window.

The fitter tells me that this is necessary to allow for "settling"
and is called "heal and toeing", but if this is correct then surely
the other windows (which are level in their frames) must be wrong.

I think he is spinning me a yarn. What do you think?

The panels themselves are likely to be square. If the frames are square too,
then the panels can be easily aligned. Settling? Never heard of it.
Problems might arise if they've screwed the frame in so it's not square.
Measure the diagonals to see if this is the case.