Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Need information on termite "protection"

Dawn wrote:
Hello,

We have a five year old wood frame/stucco home in Southern Arizona. Termites
are a big problem here, or so "they" say. I have not seen a home tented
yet, though I saw many in my hometown in central California.

Another thought, which you probably know, is the hazard of having a
stucco coat that goes below grade so that subterranean termites can go
up the inside surface and the mud tubes are hidden from view. Should be
minimum 6" (some authorities say more) between soil and any wood.