Posted to alt.home.repair
lp13-30

Default Variable speed air handler

I am not that familiar with Rheem/Huud air handlers. We deal mostly with
Trane, Carrier and Amana and sell a lot of them with VS. They do not
require a special thermostat. They can be set up to run at about 50% for
about a minute, then ramp up to around 70% for approx 7-8 minutes, then
go to full speed if the unit still has not satisfied the tstat. A
humidistat will actually do more than anything else. It can be set to
drop the blower to 70-80% when the humidity is above whatever the
humidistat is set at. See if yours performs as described, and I will try
to find out if Rheem VS can be set up that way-- Trane calls it
"enhanced mode", or at least they used to. Think maybe they call it
something else now, but not positive. Good luck. Larry