Posted to alt.home.repair
Doobielicious

Default basement walls wood rot - Advice needed

Hi All,

I am renovatging my basement and need advice. I have everything gutted, but
the bottom of the studded wallk are rotted in some spots. This is just on
the bottom of the floor. There was once moisture so this was the cause of
the rot. The basement is now dry (well as dry as a basement will be). I am
puttin in a new subfloor which will go up against teh framing of the wallk.
The floor will be this dry-locjk stuff that has a plastic bottom so no
miisture will damage the floor. I am wondering if these studded walls need
to be replaced or at least the bottom of the frame The walls are now
sitting on concrete. Shoudl i replace or leave them? Will the rot spread?