Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Kos

Default Pc freeze

wrote in message
ups.com...
When ever I put a cd in the cd player my screen freeze, usually it`s a
burn cd, movies or musics. please help!

Three things come to mind:

1) Defective CD Reader. If you can, substitute a known good reader. If you
have two readers installed, are they both exhibiting the same symptom?

2) Poor connections at CD Reader, motherboard, or both. Ensure cables are
properly seated.

3) Defective IDE controller on motherboard. Change configuration of Hard
Drive and CD Reader so that the hard drive is master, reader is slave and
both share the same IDE ribbon cable. Disconnect the second IDE cable. See
if the reader works OK while piggybacked to the hard drive. If so, either
leave it this way, buy a second IDE card, or buy a new motherboard.