Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default free 3D cad software?

"Teamcasa" wrote in message

"Leon"
snip
I finally down loaded IntelliCAD as you suggested and found it to be darn
near exactly like AutoCAD LT. There are a couple of commands that I could
not find, in particular the Tracking command. Other than that my next
upgrade will probably be to IntelliCAD. Thanks again for that suggestion.

I've been using AutoSketch 9 from Autodesk for my woodworking projects.
For $120 it works great and I can import/export DWG files.
I also agree with you and Morris about 3D. I don't need it.

I used Sketch way back in the mid 80's and it was bought by Autodesk and
renamed AutoSketch. I had 3 or 4 versions of AutoSketch up to v2.1 and then
Autodesk offered me an up grade to AutoCAD LT about 10 years ago. I have
been using AutoCAD LT since. I may go back and try AutoSketch or move to
IntelliCAD which works 99% like AutoCAD LT if AutoCAD LT ever disagrees with
future OS's.

BTY there is a brand new CutList Plus version available now. 2006 is the
newest and individual print sheets layouts and labels can now be printed.