Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke

Default Hight Gloss Finishes for on top of oil based finishes? That are easy to use

Chris Friesen wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:

I am at a loss to figure out any likely misuse of an electrical cord that
would result in the misuser developing cancer.

I think I recall some studies showing that prolonged exposure to
electrical fields (such as are found close to power cords) may increase
the likelihood of cancer.

Extrapolating this to an electrical cord at household voltages may or
may not be valid.

I don't think that "This product contains chemicals, including lead, known
to the State of California to cause (cancer, and) birth defects or other
reproductive harm." is directed at those who would wrap the power cord to
their toaster around them and then sit for weeks at a time pushing down the
handle every time it pops up.

I can't tell if you were being facetious or if you really do believe that
having government-mandated warning labels on _everything_ does something
other than cause people to ignore warning labels.

Chris

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate