Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Trane Furnace and Central Air

Curious wrote:
Can anyone help me with this question: I have been given a quote of
$9,700 for a Trane Furnace, central air, and electronic air cleaner.
Does this sound reasonable? I can't seem to find an average cost
anywhere! The dealer/installer is a local 20 year old company with a
good reputation however I want to know if I am getting ripped off on
the price.

House is approximately 4,500 square feet walkout ranch. Thanks for any
help!

This is like saying I've been given a quote of $35K for a Mercedes,
does this sound reasonable? How can anyone answer without knowing
what capacity, what SEER AC, what efficiency furnace, single or
variable speed blower, whether it's a drop in install or duct
work/electrical work needs to be done, etc?