Leigh Knudson

Default Can I use my drill press as a mill?

You got what you paid for and it is not a milling machine. If you had
wanted a milling machine I could have sold you a little Index vertical
for about the same price but you would have had to crank the table up
for each hole you drilled if you wanted to use it as a drill press.
(I'm in SoCal) You can use a drill press for a lathe just about as
effectively as you can a mill. All you have to do is mount the lathe
tool on the table and the work in the drill chuck. You then push the
tool into the work as required or pull it away while raising or
lowering the quill. If you put a grind stone in the chuck it can be
used as a grinder, again not very effectively but it will work. Buy
the machine made for the application and you will be much happier.
Leigh@MarMachine