JR North

Default Building a wood splitter cheaply

I built mine (5hp, 2stage pump, 24x4 cylinder) using new off
the shelf parts and *lots* of fabbing, for not much less
than a new one ($1000.). However, mine is much more compact
than any of the stand-alone models.
Pics in the Dropbox soon...
JR
Dweller in te cellar

Don wrote:

I am interrested in building a wood splitter for my father.
Admittently I like buiding stuff but have no experience with
hydraulics. I do have an 11 horse riding lawn mower engine with
electric start. (Old Briggs)

Can I do this cheaply? Is it possible to use an old single stage
hydraulic pump from a factory or something? (If I could get it cheap).

Any ideas on how hard this would be?

--
Remove X to reply

Dependence is Vulnerability: