Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmie D

Default slow bathroom sink drain

"Al" wrote in message
I'm sure it's just hair (next time I'll put a hair catcher in) but I
can't get the drain cover off so I can stick something down there to
pull the hair out. I tried liquid plumber and that helped a little, but
not enough.

It's a Delta plug assembly -- where you push a plunger-like lever on
top of the sink between the faucets to open and close it. It came with
the house. When I've encountered this problem before, I could just
lift the drain out...not this time. I've tried twisting it to no avail
and I sure don't want to compound my problem by breaking it.

Any ideas before I have to call a plumber for what should be a simple
home maintenance task?

Thanks in advance

If you are sure the problem is hair pour a bottle of ammonia down the drain.
Ammonia breaks down hair very well..