Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Dan

Default Adjustiing/mod'ing digital thermostat on LG window air conditioner

wrote:
Dan wrote:
I didn't note the model # but I just bought an 8000 BTU at The Home
Depot.
I tested it and it goes to 60 deg. I put a thermometer near the sensor.

gs

Thanks for the reply. I checked the temperature across the room on a
bedside table. Since the sensor is on the evaporator, it may very well
get to 60 right there, unfortunately it's a little cramped for living
space under the filter ;-) With mine set at 60, the lowest I could get
it in the room was 69, this on a day that wasn't more than about 74. I
attached a 100k pot in series with a 47k resistor across the thermistor,
adjusted to about 75k total (have to remove & measure to be sure) I was
able to get the room down to 61, with an outside temp of around 75. I
don't plan to keep the room this cool, but it does show the machine has
the capacity to lower the temp sufficiently if the thermostat tells it
to. Very easy mod, in case anyone else has a similar issue with a room AC.

Thanks again all who replied.

Dan