Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,sci.electronics.repair
aragorn

Default terastation pro internal power supply replacement.

Paul wrote:

I am curious about one thing. How did you manage to connect
220V to the unit ? If the unit came with a North American
plug on it, it must have been a bit tricky to plug it in.

Paul

Thank you for the very insightful post. I will try to go for hunting
taking your suggestions.

How I managed it? Too simply probably. The power cable input to the
Power Supply is standard World Wide. I only had to take a local
computer power cable which fits nicely in the input. Put the other side
into the 220V power plug and tick .... tick .... tick ... pfffsshshshs
lots of smoke. The really annoying part is that I bought through
provantage 1U rack servers before and they by default come with
100V-220V power supplies. So I let my guard down on that.

Aragorn.