Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field

Default Lead-Free vs. 63/37 tin/lead solder

wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't do much soldering (obviously) but which is better and is less
prone to cracking in the future? The newer Lead-free rosin core or the
63/37 tin/lead rosin core? A store in my town only stocks these two.
This for a small circuit board repair project.

Also, What can I use to cleanup the dried-up rosin residue on the PCB?

Thanks

Lead free solder is specially formulated to fail after not more than 1 year
because the landfill sites aren't filling up with scrap electronic equipment
fast enough!!!