Posted to alt.electronics
sean

Default Electric Problem

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:23:46 -0000, Jasen Betts
CDI ignitor so I assume I must have a magneto ignition.

yuou have a wiring diagram?
theere should be some sory of legend that identifies the colour
of each wire on that diagram.

there should also be numbers next to the terminals of the
ignition switch these should be on the diagram too.

I did study the wiring diagram at length but couldn't
identify the ignition or colors. The colors I have don't
appear to tally up with anything on the diagram. I am
thinking that the wires that use to come out of the ignition
barrel which would have terminated on a female connector,
could have been colored differently. EG The male connector
which is still intact has the colors red/green/black/b/w but
the female connector which runs the wires to the ignition
barrel may have 2 yellows a red and a black, so the wiring
diagram wouldn't have helped me if that were the case.

So points 2 and 4 are both +12v? ( Red and Green show +12v
when testing with the Black wire. Does it matter which +12v
goes to which point? I'm guessing it doesn't as either way,
the points are connected together as soon as the ignition is
switched ON.

your're seeing +12V on both the red and the green wires with no
switch there? that seems a little odd,

I'm testing both red and black then the green and black wire
and they are both have +12v.

Thanks again for your help.

I'd like to see the diagram.

I've uploaded it he
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-...-200622-00.jpg

You may have to save the image to your drive and view it
using a suitable picture viewer as IE resizes it so small
you can't read it.

Regards,
Sean