Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke

Default Hight Gloss Finishes for on top of oil based finishes? That are easy to use

redice wrote:

I am looking for something with low toxicity that I don't have to wear
gloves to apply or applies well with just a brush, something that can
be fixed if something does happen like I can sand it back down and re
do it without adverse affects, I mainly use linseed oil and I believe
its Dutch oil? or a mix of linseed other things to add pigment/color to
the linseed, but I want a finish to go over my color that will give it
that wet hight gloss or semi gloss look.

Warning labels tend to turn me off to products. It will be used for
finishing custom made pistol grips and gunstocks so needs to be able to
take handling type wear and continue to look good.

I don't mind using my hands or a rag to apply I would just rather not
read a warning label that says if I do I'm going to lose my sight in x
amount of time and so forth, i.e. formbies which my father has used to
hand finish furniture for years untill all the sudden it has a warning
label....

Anyhow thanks for all your replies, having a heck of a time finding
something on my own.

You won't. Warning labels today are so commonplace as to be meaningless.
In a few more years I suspect that they are going to be tattooing "warning,
breathing air can be hazardous to your health" on our noses at birth. Used
to be that they had some relation to real dangers, now they report the
ungrounded fears of some loon in the legislature.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate