Woodspoiler

Default Dust Extraction for small workshop

Galvanised bins: good idea. I'll look into that if I destroy the
plastic one.

Static: never noticed any! Maybe using hose designed for dust
extraction has helped. I got that and the step-down adaptor to
connect to my jigsaw from www.axminster.co.uk.

Mesh on inner bucket:: blockages occur in the inlet hose between
the business end and the cyclone bin, so that wouldn't help.

Spring catches: neat idea, but crude and involves spending money.
This is a low budget project and I'm using found items where
possible.

Screwfix springs: hadn't noticed they sold them, but I think
that's the wrong sort of spring (my valve idea requres the spring
to compress and push back, rather than stretch and pull back)

A ferret around my garage has turned up a suitable looking
spring. It looks like the return spring from an ancient car or
bike throttle linkage (or perhaps brake or clutch). It fits
nicely up a bit of scrap copper pipe I have, so all I need is to
cobble together the valve end.

I shall post back when I've got someting usable, but the plan is
to have a lip at the bottom of the pipe to retain the spring but
allow air through the pipe. The spring will be compressed inside
the pipe. The inlet end will be like the outlet, with the
addition of a plastic or rubber disk. This will be sucked in
whent he pressure is great enough, and allow air in.

-- --
| |
| |
| |