Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
ms_peacock

Default Frugal ways to kill ants?

"Steve G." wrote in message
I am house sitting this year and the house (and walls outside)
have been invaded by ants. They form lines and march all day
and night. I did buy some cans of Raid Roach & Ant Spray and
Ant Spray but after it dries, they return almost immediately!

Is there a frugal (home-maid) solution someone could suggest?
The Raid is expensive and does no good anyway. I was thinking
about ammonia but not sure if it is dangerous.

Thanks.

Steve

What kind of things do the ants invade when they get into the house? Are
they going after sugar type things or grease type things?

Anything that kills the ants on contact is not going to be a frugal solution
since you have to keep using it again and again. You want to kill the
entire colony. There are several ant bait products that work well. If the
ants are going after sugar type things then Terro will work pretty well. If
they're going after greasy things then MaxAttrax works well.

Ms P