Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adding hanlde to new acrylic tub enclosure...

RayV wrote:
wrote:
I had a contractor install a new acrylic tub enclosure. I didn't think
I wanted a handle on the wall at the time but do now. 1) where would I
find a handle 2) Do I just find a stud behind the acrylic sheet and
screw the handle into that, then silicone around handle, etc? Thanks.

You can only do this in an area where the enclosure is up against the
studs. Many of these tub surrounds only contact the studs in a few
areas. You may need to install blocking behind the enclosure.

There are studs and then the green sheet rock used for showers on top
of that. I saw this when they were installing the shower.