Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri

Default Granite slab counters cut too short.

First and Last wrote:

I want to at least see what wood caps stained to match the cabinets
would look like before dealing with the hassle of another tear out

over
1 inch gaps. I think they could look good if they are well done.

The
granite installers can pay for a skilled woodworker to do a custom

job

But wait, the granite installers were already supposed to do a custom
job with your granite, and they screwed it up, so I wouldn't trust them
to get a skilled woodworker. Personally, even with the hassle, I would
make them replace it with the right size, because I don't think you're
ever going to be really happy unless they do. I know I wouldn't, and
knowing the gap is there due to shoddy work would make me crazy, but
YMMV. Good luck.

Cheri