clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default LP tank valve removal UPDATE

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:39:31 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

jim rozen wrote:
... a brush type electric motor that runs the fuel pump,
immersed in either liquid gasoline, or gas vapor.

I once found an in-tank fuel pump at the dump. It ran upright, with the
inlet at the bottom, the impeller section, and the motor on top. The
fuel flowed from the inlet, through the impeller, THROUGH THE MOTOR, and
out the end cap of the motor! "Through the motor" means across the
brushes. I couldn't believe it. As long as you have gas, it's OK, but
if you run out and start sucking air too, ??? There must have been a
low-fuel shut-off for the pump.

Bob

Where is it going to suck air from? The tank is full of concentrated
fuel vapour.
Never seen a low fuel shutoff yet, and I've seen LOTS of vehicles with
in-tank pumps. Virtually all were "flo-thru"