Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce T

Default free 3D cad software?

"John" wrote in message
.. .

"Bruce T" wrote in message
. ..
Go to www.cadstd.com. Download the free trial version. It's kinda
simple and straightforward, a simple drafting program. But it will make
drawings (with dimensions). If you like it, the full-featured version is
only $25.

Here's the thing. If you can make a drawing with a T-square and a
pencil, you can learn every feature in this program in about an hour
(except for the 3D). The program won't make you an expert, but it will
enable you to produce nice, accurate, to-scale drawings in less time that
you could do it with a T-square. If you want more, you're probably going
to have to pay for more.

I downloaded it and could not find any hint that it supports 3D. Do you
mean it takes more than an hour to find the 3D features?

I just checked the program again, and it enables one to create isometric
(3D) projections. I have never used the feature, as I see no point to it.
I started my career as a draftsman many, many years ago, so I am quite
comfortable with 2-dimensional drawings. If 3D is really important to you,
then I don't think Cadstd will be your cup of tea.

BruceT