Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred

Default Loose Sink Taps

"Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com" wrote in
message ...
The taps in our bathroom and cloakroom are all loose. I've tried and
failed to tighten them using a tap spanner but as they have plastic nuts
they still twist when turned On/OFF and I'm wary of damaging the threads.

Is their a knack to this, should I use some sealant or similar under the
tap to help? The house is only three years old and they've been like this
since the beginning, one of those jobs I've been meaning to try and solve
once and for all but never have enough 'tuits'!

The usual problem with plastic backnuts is they can jump threads. If
they're a loose fit I would changed them for brass ones.