Posted to alt.home.repair
Rudy

Default Getting Shocked at Sink

Hello- I seem to have some stray electrical current in my sink drain
pipes. When I turn the sink on I get a noticeable shock from the
water.

Metal Plumbing is/was often used as a ground. Perhaps the ground wire from
the pipes has come undone. You might look down in your basement/crawlspace
and see if there is a clamp around the pipes w/o a nearby wire attached. Its
been done that some folks wire their washing machine by twisting the white
neutral wire along with the green ground because they only have a 3 prong
plug. That could be the source of the stray current.