Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default free 3D cad software?

Tracking is a feature that I, and many others, have been wanting for some
time. I'm sure they will get to it eventually. They do seem to be good about
honest improvements rather than just upgrades for the sake of money.

"Leon" wrote in message
. com...

"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...
IMSI now owns Designcad. They bought it a couple of years ago. According
users, it was a better program before they got a hold of it.

IIRC IMSI was pretty basic. I used the arrow keys to draw lines. ;~)

BTY Autodesk sent me a tacky renewal letter stating that I could upgrade

2007 for 4 or 5 hundred dollars until next spring, subscribe for about the
same price every year or do nothing and be on my own. So much for

customer
support. You would think they would support their high priced products

for
more than 2 product changes.
I finally down loaded IntelliCAD as you suggested and found it to be darn
near exactly like AutoCAD LT. There are a couple of commands that I could
not find, in particular the Tracking command. Other than that my next
upgrade will probably be to IntelliCAD. Thanks again for that suggestion.