Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Black & Decker Cordless Battery?

Thanks everyone. Recell were full of very knowledgeable advice.
Multicell quote £2.50 per cell for this pack, so I explored inside the
pack and found I need 7 cells from 10 replacing.
NEVER buy a B&D KC12XC.
This must be one of the lightest used cordless drills in DIY history,
2-3 times a year I go out to sand my car bodywork, thats it.
OK its 3 years old, do these batteries deteriorate and fail to hold
charge even if unused for months?
discharged

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
wrote:
My battery for this device has died. the drill is a KC12XC and the
battery A9252. Does anyone know where I can get a battery for less
than the price of a new drill? I saw a post saying Maplin could get
individual cells, but when I tried them they mailed me details of AA
AAA rechargeables!

Discharged

See if its any cheaper here?
http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/parts/list