Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Granite slab counters cut too short.

"First and Last" wrote in message
I thought of a solution that may work though. I saw gap-fillers you
lay on top of the counters online,

http://www.mileskimball.com/jump.jsp...CT&itemID=5484

but they wouldn't work for me because the top of the slide in stove is
a couple inches taller than the tops of the counters. I think they
would degrade the appearance of the kitchen anyway and look like an
after thought anyway.

They look like a cover-up for a hack job. Wait, that is what you have!

Not may ways around the real problem. It is gracious of you to try and work
with the contractor, but it is unlikely many things will work, aside from a
new top. Honest (and costly) mistakes happen. Good luck with the recovery.