Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default help on asbestos popcorn

wrote:
The accoustic ceiling in my home was tested positive for asbestos.
Specifically 2 - 3% asbestos (type: Chrysotile). I have called
several contractors to give me a bid for cleaning it up but the
question I have is (and this may sound like a stupid question) but is
this amount hazardous? I posted here to get an objective opinion
that wasn't influenced by some contractor wanting to make a sale and
making me pay for something that ultimately isn't necessary.

You made a big mistake in having it tested (or at least telling the testing
people your real name). Now you may HAVE to remove it (for big bucks) or, at
the least, disclose to a subsequent buyer.