Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Motor speed control

If I were to install the same type of motor, which I might, I really
need to reread all your responses. I only skimmed them because of the
smoke I saw today, but I will read them in depth and get back to you.

The cheapest way is just get another of what I got. Even if I have to
setup my own start relay, start it at full then go to the duty cycle
control or whatever. If I don't push it so hard it should last, and,
the way it's running now you can't light a match in here. That's nice
when it is in the 90s, but right now it is too much.

I have people coming over soon, and I am glad the thing simply works at
the moment. Later I will read everything and get back to you.

One respondant mentioned duty cycle. I kind like that, don't bother
rectifying anything. Just use an SCR. I could trigger it from a single
stage flip flop then to get the 30 Hertz. Heck I could even do 20 Hertz
with flip flops, and just cut the duty cycle accordingly.

JURB

Ok so I guess this was a brush motor, how about a surplus treadmill
motor? They're small, quite powerful, and easily controlled.