Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

Default free 3D cad software?

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:20:46 -0700, "John" wrote:

I checked out google's sketchup. It is easy enough to sketch, and I can even
enter dimensions of object. But that part doesn't seem very well developed.
I could not figure out how to enter the rotation angle of objects. Plus I
don't think it can produce an output with dimensions labeled. But then, I've
only spent 30 minutes playing with it.

There is definitely a dimensioning capability. It doesn't seem to
like to do things on a fine scale, like to put a 3/8ths roundover for
example. I also ran into problems trying to do miters, but again I
didn't play too much.

-Leuf