Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

Default fanpower needed to cool house overnight

No, I don't know, sorry. It's a 20-inch fan, the cheapo kind that goes
on sale at the hardware store for $12.97. Plastic housing, plastic
blades. Nothing very special about it, but it works just great for
exhausting the hot air and pulling in the cool air.

Jo Ann

Lacustral wrote:
) wrote:
Just for the record -- I have ~1600 sq. ft. in two stories. At night,
I put a box fan in one window, set on medium, blowing out. It matches
the window size almost exactly, so I don't bother to block the sides.
It is in a spare upstairs bedroom. By the time I walk back into my
bedroom, also upstairs, I can already feel the difference in temp. I
don't know how long it takes, since I just leave it on all night, but
when I get up in the morning, the entire house is cool.

Do you know how many CFM your box fan is?

Thanks
Laura