Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What size cieling fan for 10'x12' room?

The Reverend Natural Light wrote:
Diameter is mostly personal preference. There's more selection in 52".

I installed Hunter fans in my last place and was very satisfied - they
were perfectly balanced out of the box and silent. This time I used 4
Hampton Bay 52" fans and they all wobble and make noise. Balance
doesn't help - the blades are all uneven on the vertical plane. The
one over my bed will slam back and forth in it's mount if I set it on
high. That, and it took the first two units to figure out how to slide
the blades into the snap-in holders without gouging the veneer. The
Hunter fans are harder to assemble but don't self destruct in the
process like the Hampton Bay fans.

-rev

wrote:
Does it matter what size cieling fan I choose? I see there seem to be
more 52" fans than 44" or 48". Would a smaller fan be as effective in
this small room? Thanks.

Oh, Hampton Bay or Hunter?

Cool, thanks!