Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default how do I solder a power switch to a mobile board

"interuser" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
I have a nokia 3200 mobile whose power switch was detached. How can I
solder it back on?
Should I be using a soldering gun with a rosin core solder?

As you know the surfaces are too small and this in addition to the
intensive heat could destroy the board.

How can this be done the right way? Is there some sort of liquid solder
suitable for mini-components ?

You need a fine tipped iron, some fine solder and some SMT skills,
definitely NOT a soldering gun! If the switch is detached, are you sure it
didn't take the solder pads with it? That would make a straightforward
repair into a very tricky or even impractical one.

Dave