Posted to uk.people.silversurfers,uk.d-i-y,uk.railway,uk.misc
Peter Masson

Default [OT] Face value of stamps and the costs of posting

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message

I believe the Royal Mail prefers Arial as a font.

Why do you believe that? It would be interesting to know what they prefer.

From the 'Postal Address Book' (My copy is a bit out-of-date, but I don't
suppose they have changed this bit:
'Ideal fonts for our equipment are Courier, Courier New or Brougham. Other
fonts which have similar characteristics are Helvetica, Avant Garde or
Franklin Gothic as are Arial, Avalon and Frankfurt Gothic.'

Peter